Are You interested?Book a visit
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that deals with changing the positions of the teeth, improving the shape and thus the function of the dental arches.
The position of the teeth is changed by the weak force generated by the corresponding devices and aids. The duration of treatment can range from months to years, depending on the severity of the dental problem and the age of the patient. Orthodontic treatment can also be accompanied by complications and risks that should be taken into account before treatment begins. These include, for example, increased tooth sensitivity, receding gums, resorption of tooth roots, and loss of gingival papillae between teeth.
HanzaDent Dentistry mainly deals with aligner therapy, which is the most modern method of treating dental disorders.
- Consultation from 40-50 euros
- Diagnosis and preparation of a treatment plan 300 eur
- A set of aligners 900-1800 eur
- Control visit 200 eur
A beautiful smile without braces!Book a visit
The same complications can occur with aligner treatment as with brace treatment. The most frequent and long-term complications – which may appear a few years after the end of treatment – are the following:
- gingival recession (retraction of the gums);
- tooth root resorption;
- tooth sensitivity;
- damage to tooth enamel;
- ulcers of the oral mucosa;
- marginal bone defects;
- periodontal disease exacerbation;
- exacerbation of apical periodontitis in endodontically treated teeth;
- tooth loss;
- exacerbation of temporomandibular joint pathology;
- it may happen that achieving the intended corrected position of the teeth and/or occlusion may not be possible due to unforeseen or abnormal growth of the jaw;
- depending on individual characteristics, other complications may also occur, but the probability of their occurrence is small.